Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yummy!!

I love to cook...and bake and try new recipes.  Last night I was using some Jiffy Baking mix to make a shell to put a ground beef mixture in and saw a recipe for sugar cookies on the box and had to try it.  I am not a lover of soft sugar cookies, but my husband is and it made the softest sugar cookies ever.  He ate like 10 of them!!  So I decided I would share it with all of you!!


Sugar Cookies

(36 Cookies)

  • 2 cups "JIFFY" Baking Mix
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 5 Tbsp. shortening, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°, grease baking sheet.
Combine all ingredients and blend well. Drop by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies and sprinkle with sugar.

They are super easy to make and my 2 year old daughter even helped and had a blast! We sprinkled on colored sugar BEFORE we put them in to bake not after!! Enjoy!! We certainly did!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am sure it was good, but I'm sorry, you can NEVER EVER EVER make me anything but YOUR SUGAR COOKIES! Don't mess with the best!!!

    ReplyDelete